I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God
so that you may know that you have eternal life. [1 John 5:13]

Monday, May 25, 2009

Web Slang Tutorial

I don't know about you, but I have trouble keeping up with all the slang being used regularly on the web! I found this very comprehensive list at the Writer's Relief blog. Here are just a few of the abbreviations/slang terms they list.

AAK: Alive and kicking

ADN: Any day now

AFK: Away from the keyboard

AFN: That's all for now

ASL: Age/Sex/Location

B4: Before

BBL: Be back later

BCNU: Be seeing you

B/F or BF: Boyfriend

BFF: Best friend forever

BRB: Be right back

BTW: By the way

CU or CYA: See you or see ya

DEGT: Don't even go there


Click on this link to see the rest of the list: Writer's Relief Blog.


4 comments:

Andrea said...

You know I am not going to remember all this..lol.
Thanks, andrea

Heart2Heart said...

Mary,

I remember a few since we have so many texting teens in our home and Myspace is always up somewhere.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

RCUBEs said...

What's next? Don't we have enough to memorize? :)
TY. :) God bless.

Andrea said...

Mary: Stop by arise 2 write for an award I am passing along to you. You definately deserve it.