I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God
so that you may know that you have eternal life. [1 John 5:13]

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Book Selling and Other Joys I Never Thought I'd Have

Today I sold 1 copy of my book at church and I have sold two copies from the lulu.com site:-) OK, my Dad bought them to give to two of his brothers! Still . . . I'm excited! Another friend from chuch has said she wants to buy one later this week when we are at book group meeting together.

It's still a bit surreal that I actually have a beautiful, professionally published book!!!! Woman at the Well should hit amazon.com and some other sites in about 6 weeks.

Our Minister of Adult Discipleship at my church has suggested I order some more copies of the book and she will "market" them at church as great Mother's Day gifts. I feel so blessed to have such supportive family and friends who continue to bless me with their encouragement.

For anyone still "in process" with their writing, know that you will reach your goal! At several points in my years-long process I felt as if I was "done" with the book. At each point, though, God intervened either through an insight or idea, through the involvement or interaction of a person, or through an event or series of events that led me to "wait."

That is not easy for me! This was an exercise in obedience -- God wanted me to publish this book! It was also an exercise in waiting on God. Both of these areas were and continue to be growth areas for me. I sincerely believe God brought me through this process so I could learn to trust in Him more and "wait on Him" in other/all areas of my life.

I know that as I work to market the book, God will be in charge. He will lead the way and provide opportunities for me that I cannot even dream of today!

and keep the charge of the Lord your God, walking in his ways and keeping his statutes, his commandments, his ordinances, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn; (1 Kings 2:3)

Then you will prosper if you are careful to observe the statutes and the ordinances which the Lord commanded Moses for Israel. Be strong, and of good courage. Fear not; be not dismayed. (1 Ch 22:13)


He who gives heed to the word will prosper, and happy is he who trusts in the Lord. (Proverbs 16:20)


so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and prosper in the thing for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11)

All Scripture is Revised Standard Version

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Praising GOD with you. You know I want a copy!! God is going to blow your socks off.....you can count on it. love and prayers, andrea

B His Girl said...

Again He gives us more than we can ask or imagine. True Joy.