I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God
so that you may know that you have eternal life. [1 John 5:13]

Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Bio in Rhyme - Can You Rhyme Yours?

One site where I applied for a writing job, the publishers wanted applicants to do a bio in rhyme - 60 words or less. Here's mine:

Wise beyond her years even at the tender age of four,

Now 52, her knowledge is considered ancient lore.

She is creative, compassionate and loving to her core;

Earth mother, sister of the heart, caring friend and more.

A writer and poet who always has the next story in store.

She won’t stop writing till she reaches heaven’s door.


I don't remember the site and I assume I wasn't awarded whatever "gig" it was. I do think it's a fun exercise and if you label yourself a poet . . . well, I'm just saying!

How about you? Can you rhyme your credentials/story of your life in 60 words or less?

Talk about a way to stand out to publishers!

Blessings on your journey

2 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Mary,

I love yours! I would have to give that one some serious thought and get back with you. Now my mom would have no problem completing this task, she was amazing at doing something like this.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Andrea said...

WOW....WOW...WOW!!
I am impressed!
Love ya, andrea