I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God
so that you may know that you have eternal life. [1 John 5:13]

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Back to Basics

I had gotten out of the habit of carrying a notebook with me. I have my daytimer with me everywhere, all the time, but I used to keep a spiral notebook handy to jot down ideas for articles or poems.

This week I grabbed a brand new spiral notebook that has been sitting on the shelf and I've already filled up about 5 pages! Some of the entries are just addresses for article submissions. Sometimes I've written a sentence or most of paragraph so I'll be able to recall what I thought of later on (essential when I'm in the midst of a day with the 3 little ones I nanny for!)

I have 3 articles already written that I plan to submit as reprints to Parents Magazine!

The other night I "made up" a recipe (adapted from someone else's on line) and my husband raved about how good it was that he suggested I submit it to contest! So I did! I figured while I'm in the contest searching/submitting mode, I might as well go for it!

I'm really thinking seriously about the "godly child" series. This weekend I'm going to do a bible search on all the 'parenting' biblical references and fit the bullet points I've already developed to them and see where things go from there.

I also think that as soon as I get Woman at the Well uploaded to lulu.com I'm going to upload all my frugal cooking/household articles into a free e-book format.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Thanks God for Godly women like you. We all need the encouragement and practical tips to use in our lives daily. Andrea