I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God
so that you may know that you have eternal life. [1 John 5:13]

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Woman at the Well

I've been working on Woman at the Well (poetry and devotional book) for a long time! A couple of times I felt as if "this is ready" only to find that God had other plans - either by way of a comment or suggestion from a friend or from some scripture that resonated with me or a new poem. I'll upload the files to lulu.com this week if all goes as planned.

Yesterday I made what I believe is the final edit and hope to have it printed within a week or so. I'm not stressing about it because each time I have been delayed in my plan, I found that God had a better one, so I'll wait:-)

After the annual RCWW dinner, I'm psyched and have set some ambitious writing goals for myself! I have no doubt I will miss some goals and/or modify some over the months ahead, but I have learned the importance of at least having a benchmark. I want to get back in the habit of submitting to contests and pick several publications to focus on for submissions.

Also Takeila Bynum has indicated she has several contacts that may be interested in some parenting artices, so I started on what may be a "single" or first in a series article today.

One goal I didn't post on the side bar: do 15 minutes of cleaning for every hour of writing! That will be a change and will afford us a cleaner house!

No comments: