I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God
so that you may know that you have eternal life. [1 John 5:13]

Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm On a Roll

Yesterday I sent in a sample devotional, requesting an assignment to write 7 devotionals for Light From The Word and submitted an article for consideration to VISTA magazine.

Today I ended up working a few hours but had some time to continue reviewing the Christian Writer's Guide and appropriately "code" the various periodicals based upon my ideas and desires for submissions.

This evening I copied seven pages of "Calls for Submissions" publications listed on-line by Writer's Gazette.

I also received an email this morning from a former free-lance client who has some writing work for me to do (commercial stuff, not Christian). It was great to hear from him as he was very kind and patient with me a couple of years ago when I was still learning about SEO and other writing for the web.

God continues to answer my plea to be used by Him AND my plea to allow me to make enough money to keep us afloat financially this year. So far, so good! Of course, God is always good!

That Prayer of Jabez is miraculous! I have also been praying the Lord's Prayer each morning as my coffee brews. I say it in the style of Lectio Divina (meditative prayer). I believe that my intentionally centering my day on God has made a tremendous difference in both my temperament, but also in the "energy" that I am attracting to my life.

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring [it] to pass. (Psalms 37:5)


Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established. (Proverbs 16:3)

1 comment:

Spring M Fricks said...

That is so awesome! I really need to sit down with my guide and get a strategy going.