I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God
so that you may know that you have eternal life. [1 John 5:13]

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Speaking With My Spirit Voice

I posted at my Writing From Life blog that I found my voice as a writer last night. What really happened, I think is that I got out of God's way and allowed His message to flow through me.

I labored over every word of my post for CWTR. It was actually almost painful, because I wanted every word to be meaningful and to matter. But more than anything I hoped the words were what God knew someone would need to read when they are posted.

It was a little unnerving because I haven't really struggled with my writing that much before. I assume it's because I was writing what I thought I should write:-) I actually had about 4 pages of notes I had taken that I intended to incorporate into the column and ended up using very little.

The topic is the beatitudes and I know that can be a depressing topic viewed from a certain perspective. I wanted to be uplifting and encouraging while also telling women they have the power to be God's Wonder Woman. The power isn't theirs, but His and He wants them to access it, use it, rely upon it, develop and refine it.

I also feel pretty empowered myself today. I feel as if I have broken through a barrier in my writing. I am inspired beyond belief to write on this topic and already have 2 articles drafted. The more women I meet, the greater is my call to minister to women from all walks of life and in every situation.

I believe my words will minister more than I could have done even as a Stephen Minister. Although that training certainly helped me understand myself and others better.

Let love and faithfulness never leave you;bind them around your neck,write them on the tablet of your heart. [Proverbs 3:3 NIV]

1 comment:

Spring M Fricks said...

Thank you for sharing this blog with me. It really ministered to me. More than I can say.