I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God
so that you may know that you have eternal life. [1 John 5:13]

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kinetic Energy

kinetic - adjective
1. relating to the motion of material bodies and the forces associated therewith; "kinetic energy"


So many of my writer friends are busy writing for pay or otherwise that I am getting caught up in the energy! I've been going through my version of Sally Stuart's Christian Writer's Guide 2009. I've been making notes and had a couple of ideas for new articles as I read through some of the publisher's needs and wants for submissions.

The kinetic energy is even stronger since our last Richmond Christian's Who Write meeting last Sunday (1/18/09).

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. [Hebrews 12:1]

Throughout this week, several of my writer friends have shared stories of how former obstacles have been thrown off in order for them to achieve a goal. Their testimonies have uplifted and inspired me. Actually in one case, I was in such awe and wonder that I almost cried. It wasn't that the story was anything so dramatic. It was, in fact, about a 'small' thing. Because I experienced part of the struggle and the ultimate resolution, it really hit me personally.

God is so very good! He continues to work for our well-being; he desires only good for us. I was reminded this morning that I need to be sure I am not throwing up any obstacles to His desire for my life. Then I need to remind myself of the truth that He loves me so much He sent His Son to earth, to die on the Cross for me.

More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, [Philippians 3:8 NASB]

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring [it] to pass. [Psalms 37:5 KJV]

No comments: