I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God
so that you may know that you have eternal life. [1 John 5:13]

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Marketing Strategy for My Book

I just finished brainstorming all the Richmond area shops, stores, etc., where I will ask about stocking my book for sale. Then I went on line and looked up "gift shops richmond virginia" and one of the directories that came up included 248 listings.

Now the real marketing work begins. I've read that the easy part is writing the book! I woudn't have believed that throughout the past five years, but now that I see what is ahead for me to market my book, I may agree:-)

The decision to self-publish was mainly a financial one. Their were other considerations, though. The primary one was that I had to just 'DO IT' so I could check that off my list of life goals. Another consideration is that I'm a control freak and I wanted to be the one who decided everything - what poems and devotions to include, how to lay out the book and the cover art.

While I'm convincing folks they absolutely need to Woman at the Well to their inventory, I'll bring some copies of the Inspiration, Imagination and Faith journal as well. You never know!

Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Take heed to the path of your feet, then all your ways will be sure. Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil. [Proverbs 4:25-27 25]

2 comments:

Spring M Fricks said...

Oh, I am just now trying to learn how to market. Please pass on any tips you find. What do you think about setting up a book signing tour. Will these stores let you set up a table one Saturday?

Mary Moss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.