I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God
so that you may know that you have eternal life. [1 John 5:13]

Friday, December 19, 2008

New Character Developed for Storytelling

Well, I've been really praying and thinking about a new character to portray in my storytelling. On the 28th (yes, 3 days after Christmas!) I will be delivering the message at a retirement home in town. They really liked my portrayal of the Samaritan Woman at the Well and I knew they would prefer a Story versus a traditional 'sermon.'

I wanted it to be a Christmas story, without going into 'Easter.' In other words, I wanted it to be about the birth of the Christ child and not the crucifixion, etc. I've just been stumped, but this morning, in the midst of painting Christmas ornaments with the toddlers I nanny for and cooking chicken nuggets, etc., I hit upon my character!

I'm going to portray the Innkeeper's widowed mother and present it as if my son and I sat up with Joseph while Mary gained strength and then they stayed with us until they left for Egypt. I can claim Joseph told us his (and Mary's) whole story while we sat up nights together. I can cover the shepherds, the magi, etc. I'm so pleased the Holy Spirit has revealed the storyline to me! Now I can just fine tune and craft it a bit with some research, scripture reading and prayer!

I've also had another article published for pay at Associated Content and it looks like the free-lance writing work will remain fairly steady for the next few months. God is so very good!

No comments: