I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God
so that you may know that you have eternal life. [1 John 5:13]

Monday, December 15, 2008

Oops! I did it again!

I really don't like that song - or the singer, but the phrase is appropriate! What did I do? I started stressing over whether or not Woman at the Well would be printed and ready to mail to my family in time for them to have them by Christmas.

You might not think it's so bad to be stressed over that. Understandable that I want to have the to my family by Christmas, you probably think. Well, in some ways it's not that big a deal to stress, but for me, it's been a very unhealthy habit and a mindset that does not allow me to bear fruit as God desires.

I am working very hard to turn over everything to God -- my sister-in-law is really good about this. She contends we should pray daily about everything in our lives - do it, don't do it, how to do it, when to do it, anything about "it" - we should be praying about. Once we've prayed we can let go of stress and worry over "it" because we've given it to God.

So . . . here "it" is! I'm giving this one to God. I know that He has a perfect plan and that His timing is always perfect. Besides I have a lot things much more within my control that I really should be stressing about: what am I going to fix for dinner tonight? How in the world am I going to get my house in any kind of condition for the Christmas Eve Open House?

More important . . . never mind!

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?" [Matthew 6:25 NIV]

No comments: